trekking food photos


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Annapurna
November 26th 2008
Published: November 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

trekking in annapurna region, the circuit and then sanctuary was great, but the food wasn't overall. mainly due to obscenely inflated prices coupled with miserly portions. same with the langtang experience. however, here are some food related trekking photos, the lodge dining rooms were often cosy and fun and the fresh apples around kagbeni the best i have tasted.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

trekking in nepal, not so rustictrekking in nepal, not so rustic
trekking in nepal, not so rustic

full menus, hot showers, luxury rooms and fancy shops. trekking in the annapurna region is hardly a wilderness experience.
YacDonaldsYacDonalds
YacDonalds

kagbeni, i thought it was cute but the french didn't. (big surprise)
maybe the worst of all, gatlangmaybe the worst of all, gatlang
maybe the worst of all, gatlang

sorry to say but this traditional tamang food is god-awful! big lump of cold wet dough you are supposed to dip into a slimey tasteless nettle soup. no thanks, think you can take this one off the menu!
at last, time for tea, tatopaniat last, time for tea, tatopani
at last, time for tea, tatopani

tatopani on the tamang heritage trail that is! nice homestay-like accomodation and dal bhat every meal if you're lucky! (see previous photo of raw dough meal, maybe just a mean joke on the tourists?)
trekking tea, big mug of blacktrekking tea, big mug of black
trekking tea, big mug of black

milky tea is twice as much while trekking, and quite a splurge at 80 cents to a dollar a cup! we'll stick to black!


Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 10; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0652s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb