The Gobi Desert, Mongolia


Advertisement
Asia » Mongolia
July 7th 2005
Published: August 16th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Hi all After resting a little and staying healthy, I decided I should go to see the Gobi desert. Well, at least a part of it. Also decided to try a little bit of traveling with Europeans. It was actually my only chance of going to the Gobi quickly and returning in time for the big Nadaam. I met a Swiss couple that decided to rent a jeep and go on a long trip in Mongolia. They planned on hitting th... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




28th January 2008

How the Mongolians live
I recently checked out a DVD from our local Library about the Gobi Desert and how the Mongolians live. I found it most interesting how simple and unrestricting their lives are in comparison to the complexites and greed in America, yet how rough their surroundings are compared to how simple it is for us to get around here in the states. I thought that how thankful we should be, but maybe the Mongolians might be a lot more thankful than us if they lived in America for a season and discovered such struggles we indure all because of greed. Their families appear more interlocking than most families in America. Their families work together, our families are torn apart due to many factors such as high taste of living, divorce, love of money, daily violence within the family, and many other reasons. I think that America can certainly learn from many other countries how simple life (itself) really is. Living is not difficult, it is what we surround living with is what makes living so difficult. I don't envision a rollercoaster in the lives of the Mongolian peoples that is taking them downhill to destruction. However, I see them on steady plateau enjoying their families and simplicity.

Tot: 0.205s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 136; dbt: 0.1374s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb