mmm more details and a serious frostbite..


Advertisement
Mongolia's flag
Asia » Mongolia » Ulaanbaatar
March 7th 2007
Published: March 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

so i thought that i was going to get frostbit in russia!! baahahaha that was nothing.... yesterday i went horse riding in minus 15!!!!!!!.. for 2 hours in my sandals!!!..arch!!... i am soo stupid!!..(stupid is mongols favourite english word... "he is soo stupid.....that was stupid.. hahaha ,....stupid)
sorry about the lack of details in the last entry,,, there was some scary russian woman staring me down so that she could use the computer.... and you dont mess with the russians especially the women.

so the train from london to germany was really nice and fast and modern.... then as soon as i got on the polish train to moscow... western europe, in fact europe in general was quickly gone and i was phisicially pushed into a cabin by burly russians loading the carriage with green and grey soviet style sacks covering boxes... any english flew out the window and the only form of commuication occuring was yelling russian or grunts at my direction... the russians dont like foriengers.... or each other.... soo 3 days later arrival in moscow.. the smelliest/ugliest city ive seen in a while!!... some germans ivited me to join them and their guide so i ended up catching the metro and getting a tour of mosow in German!!...??.. needless to say im still no expert on russian history. exept i do know they love their lenin and stalin.... huge murals everywhere...i think that when communism ended there were many confused russians... and in response everyone has turned to corruption!!!..
haha funny country but dont plan on going back....
anyways the train to mongolia was 5 days and i shared my cabin with a mongolian family. a father and his two girls, 8 and 11. its was great.. the older girl could speak english and the younger one knew some words and would blurt them out at weird moments....... like we would be eating tea and bread (i ended up eating with them) and she would yell "I AM A MONSTER!!" and then burst out laughing and end up on the floor of the cabin in a ball!!...

the train would stop at station someytimes for 10 mins or 30 mins soo i never REALLY knew when it was about to leave.... so i would put all the clothing i owned on (outside temp minus 15 to minus 20) to go a buy something from the platform and then i would think the train is about to leave and would end up sliding everywhere on the ice with my arms full of pot noodles.... made the mongolians laugh!!

Ulaan Baatar is not such a nice city... kind off like asia without the good bits....and against soviet style buildings....


so tomorrow im going to china where hopefully it will be a bit warmer.... and the food a bit more interesting than meat, meat or more meat.... and biscuits for breakfast.

miss all of you and cant wait to see you again.,,,,

massive hugs from the roof of asia

alaya
XoXo


ûî¿áøö¿îüûèø÷üàóóöæûýýº¿çäîîòòüëãð¿õããàýíøèàáñìèò


ps sorry no fotos..... no usb port... next blog



Advertisement



13th March 2007

hope alls good
horseriding in mongolia sound good....apart from the frozen feet part. nannup was great, had lots of fun with Jess-she's looking forward to seeing you nd hearing all about your travels- me too!! hope you find china interesting....can't wait to see you again.. lots nd lots of love..mum xxxoooxxxooo
13th March 2007

so no love in russia...
hi- I hope u found china to be nice and interesting- rather than cold and smelly. Nannup was great. I spent a lot of time with Jess. heaps of dancing- Double E went off - overheard people talking aout them everyhere - sold lots of CDs - both after the gigs and at th merchandise tent - charlies artwork looks great and and the photo has your credit on it. I helped with setup and was door bitch for the finale concert at the townhall on mon 10- 1 and Justin gave me free artists campng and a wend pass. hewas the event co-ordinator nd a real sweetie - he went on to do the sculpture by the sea at Cottesloe......this comment dissapeared from my screen...and came back again..so I'll send it too ...c u soon xo L

Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0437s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb