Storms


Advertisement
Maldives' flag
Asia » Maldives » Lhaviyani Atoll
June 29th 2008
Published: June 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Once again, another early morning. Walked out onto the beach to see the moon still high in the sky and the clouds rolling in for a glorious dawning of a new day before heading back to bed until a more decent hour! The morning brought rain, hard tropical downpours which ruled out a mornings snorkelling and tanning. Instead we caught up on blogging and just hung around chatting.

At lunch we hailed our normal cart, but the seats were wet and so we were rather damp by the time we arrived for lunch. After we then took a walk along the beach back to our bungalow via the jetty. We discovered under the jetty lived plenty of hermit crabs languishing in the shade. We picked them up, examined them and then watched them race off. The heron came to see us, its comb over fluttering in the wind.

The clouds began to look ominous in the distance and were swiftly heading our way so we sauntered up the beach and grabbed the waterproof housing so we could sit on the loungers with the warm rain falling on us. It was a lovely, lazy and relaxing day!



Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 19; qc: 89; dbt: 0.0819s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb