Day 07 - KL to Cameron Highlands


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia
September 9th 2010
Published: September 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today we had a lie in as we didn't have to leave until midday. After breakfast we went to visit the national mosque. We had to wear a cape & hood to cover ourselves whilst inside. The mosque was very bare and simple, very different to a Cathedral. Interesting to visit though.

We left KL at 12 heading for the Cameron Highlands, travelling in a mini van/bus. The first two hours were just on a straight road, however the last hour was up a steep hill and along very windy, narrow roads - no hope for sleep here!

We arrived at Cameron Highlands at 4pm and went into the hotel 'Kang Travellers Lodge', it didn't look promising from the outside. The inside wasn't much better - the room was pretty grimey looking. On the bright side we both got a double bed (well deserved after sharing a bed in the last place). Opening the bathroom door was pretty scary, we were praying that we would find a toilet and not a squat! Luckily we did have a toilet, but the bath was pretty dirty and the sink was leaking.

After checking out the hotel we went down to a restaurant for a drink and then came back to the hotel to play cards. We were staying in the middle of nowhere and there was only one street with a few small shops - still starbucks has managed to find its way up here.

The evening was filled with dinner followed by drinks & cards until 1am not such a good idea considering the next day, but fun all the same.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.282s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0639s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb