First Day in Malaysia


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia
May 13th 2009
Published: May 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Street of FoodStreet of FoodStreet of Food

This was near our place in Golden Triangle, but actually the most expensive meal we've had. About 6 bucks a plate.
We woke up in Kuala Lumpur, jet-lag over and done. We did the hair-of-the-dog cure of waiting until as late as possible, then taking a sleeping pill. It worked. After a solid night sleep, we set out for our first K.L. outing and decided to walk through Little India and the colonial section of K.L. We started at the opposite end of what Lonely Planet recommended, mainly just because the train stop for us was easier to get there—but it set us out near this delicious sidewalk restaurant. A Thai buffet in a sense. They gave us a plate of rice and then we filled it up from among fifteen pots of curries and stir fries. It all ended up being about 3 bucks a plate. We didn’t know how any of this worked and stood there, plate in one hand and confusion in the other, until this nice Malaysian man came over and told us what to do and invited us to eat with him. For one of our first hours in Malaysia, it felt like a telling event that we have since found true: a kindness and willingness to give time to strangers.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

First Meal in MalaysiaFirst Meal in Malaysia
First Meal in Malaysia

Street vendors are the best eating.


Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb