Kuala Lumpur..


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia
November 9th 2008
Published: November 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So arriving on the train at 5am after very disturbed sleep you can imagine how grumpy we both felt, but we managed to negotiate the MRT after buying our tickets AND finding the right platform!! The directions to our hostel were really easy to follow and although our room wasn't ready they had one for us to snooze in for a couple of house until it was. We woke up and moved and then walked to get an idea of where things were in the city.
We found the bus station and got our tickets and a donut and went in search once again of a laptop, this time we were successful and found a really good priced one, happy with our purchase we went in search of the twin towers and Kl tower to gauge how far away from our hostel they were.
We got back to the hostel and went for some food in Chinatown at the side of the road, which was quite an experience and good for people watching!! On the way back we found a little pet-shop and went in to look as it was one of those which have dogs for sale and they had the CUTEST St Bernard puppy in their window...so we just had to have a look!

The following day was BIRTHDAY time! so we treated ourselves to a little lie in before heading off to explore the lake gardens. We walked around the gardens which were really pretty and peaceful and had a little look through the deer park-a bit random to see deer made such a fuss of-they are exactly like the ones in the Uk but still! We had a good mooch around and headed back to get ready for our slap-up meal at the KL tower.
But we got there to find a stupidly priced set menu that neither of us fancied so decided to eat at a pretty posh restuarant nearby and go up to the observation deck another night instead. So safe to say we stuffed our faces with yummy food!!

The following day we got up really early to go over to the twin towers and secure 2 of the limited 1200 tickets to go up to the skybridge, we were assigned tickets for 3:30, so we had a little walk around and then went back to the hostel to pack up. We went back to the towers and went through the activity centre.. the towers are 175 X my height according to their gadget!!
We were called in and had to watch a film, and we established the reason we could go up for free was because the towers are owned by the Petronas company who are LOADED and like to advertise themselves at any opportunity.
The skybridge visit was a little disappointing as we felt a bit shepherded through, they only give you 10 mins on the bridge and they time you to the exact second, but the views were really great and the weather was thankfully clear!
After our trip upwards we had a wander around the pretty upmarket shopping centre attached to the towers and had a sneaky peek in Tiffanys and other shops we definately couldn't afford.
We stumbled accross a MAC make-up launch party in the central mall so sat around to watch the posey men get their make-up put on, the bosses run around getting stressed and the gay make up artists flounce about (and eye matt up!!) To our amusement one of them was wearing glasses, with no glass...-we howled!!

After watching the goings on for a couple of hours we headed over to the observation deck on the KL towers, the view was fantastic and you can get a free audio guide so you know what you are looking at. The photo's we took didn't do it justice as you can't use flash because it reflects off the glass and so most of them go blurry and dark but it was a good experience overall!



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0462s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb