Short jaunt to Penang


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia
June 14th 2008
Published: June 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Greetings from Penang Malaysia,

We made it here a bit later than expected due to an unfortunate sudden sickness on my part. We were supposed to head out on a flight in the morning but while getting ready something wasn't sitting well with me- whether it was the fast pace of sightseeing, the food, bad water or a combination... not a fun morning! The positive in it all is that we got to see the countryside of Pennisular Malaysia as we ended up taking a bus later that evening from KL's Pudderya Bus Station (sketchy, dirty, crowded, HOT, exhaust filled) to Penang.

We are staying in an old King of Southern Thailand's mansion from the late 1800's- authentic architecture and in a great location. Had some great chicken satay last night at the Red Night Market in downtown Georgetown while watching the live tennis match and Adam indulging in some Carlsburg. We have found that the beer of choice in Malaysia is Carlsburg- one would almost think they were in Europe as how popular it is... slowly becoming one of my favorites.

Dont have enough time to upload any pics- but we are heading to Phuket, Thailand tomorrow there should be an opportunity then.

Off to explore,
Christine




Advertisement



16th June 2008

Hey! There is a restaurant called Penang on Algonquin road that serves Malaysian food. I've been meaning to tell you guys about it. We'll have to try it when you get back since I'm sure that you guys will be missing it! jk
17th June 2008

more info
You'll have to be updating this blog more often to maintain interest... like anne said, panang is on algonquin road, we need more info and pictures!

Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.067s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb