Tioman Trip (11 Apr - 14 Apr 2002)


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia
April 12th 2002
Published: July 6th 2005
Edit Blog Post

MbMbMb

Monkey Beach
Surprisingly we managed to wake up before 0930. Had a cuppa and few biscuits. Then it's off to the meeting point @ the beach for our island hopping/snorkelling trip.

Advice : best to get your own snorkelling set if you are doing it often. $$ saved plus cleaner.

We were a little irritated as Hassan - the guide promised us a private boat. It turned out we had to share with 2 English but luckily they turn out to be nice chaps.

First stop we did some snorkelling @ some rocky place. Kinda scary as the weather was a little overcast. The sea was a little rough but we managed to see quite some fishes. But I had some problems when I got too near to a rock scratching my left arm but did not bleed much. Perhaps the saline in the sea water stopped it. However one of the English guy gotten a nasty scratch and and was bleeding quite badly. But his spirit was still high.

Then we when to a small and quite island. Cant remember the name but it was lovely!! Sand quality superbly white and fine. However, still loads of dead corals, urchins and sea cucumber.

We had our packed lunch provided by the guide and it was yummy. Er, again - perhaps we were hungry.

And then back to the snorkelling business around the beach area.
Tassa was pretty offended when one of the English guy suggested that we needed therapy. Why? We were too crazy? No - he said it were like we were snorkelling non-stop and were not bumped like him. Hee hee - perhaps cos we were young?
Hassan offered to help us buy some fishes from some fishermen around. Around RM10 for 7 fishes. Seems cheap - not really into buying fishes. Aaa fishes for dinner.

Then last stop at Monkey Beach. However we didnt reach the beach but just snorkelling around there.. More dead corals. but managed to find one patch of anemole and a clown fish family - Papa, Mama and Baby. The adults were furiously circling their home proctecting it from intruders.
Then we were chased by some white - almost transparent fishes which were so territorial. Shane got bitten and even has the teeth marks!

Dinner was a sumptious affair (which we had in a restaurant about 10 minutes walk away). We invited the 2 guys and the guide to join us. All the 7 fishes were cooked in various style and gravy.
Advice :
1. make sure you cover yourself with enough mosquito repellent. I got all the mosquito bites from here. It was almost mosquito free @ the chalet area.
2. loads of cats roaming in the restaurant and might give your thighs a visit. Yea, they just jump on you. So be warned not to be friendly with them.

<-Previous Next ->

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0382s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb