Keen on KL


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur » China Town
December 23rd 2013
Published: January 2nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

Christmas EveChristmas EveChristmas Eve

Wayne, Nic and Jesse admiring some of the pretty Christmas lights in the crowded Bukit Bintang shopping area on Christmas Eve.
Bus from Malacca to KL (MYR12). I'd booked this one. There were no breakdowns and it only took a couple hours but we all agreed Wayne's bus from Melakaman was better. This one smelt of cigarettes, was crowded and cramped. Wayne was stuck next to a man with a dyed beard who was not enjoying the ride. Tasha was squished behind someone who had their chair reclined even though they were sitting forward :/ and I lost my phone.

The KL bus terminal was an easy train ride (5 stops on the Rawang line MYR4.50) to Kuala Lumpur station followed by a short walk across the river (aka teeming cesspit) to Hotel Geo where we were staying.

The hotel is directly across the road from Central Market on the edge of Chinatown close to night markets and just about anything you might want.

We embarked on another of Wayne's walking tours taking in: the Sri Mahamariamman Temple where it's best to have your shoes looked after (for a small donation) rather than left on the street or at the temple entrance; Guan Yin Temple (goddess of mercy); Guan Yu Temple (god of war); unsuccessful search for the City Gallery (it's on the other side of town - Wayne was looking at the wrong thing on his map); Maharajalela monorail station where we sheltered from a sudden downpour (we were a little concerned that the white t-shirt Tasha when soaked through might get her arrested for indecency) but decided not to take a ride. We returned to the hotel via the markets in Petaling Street.

Tasha decided to have a bit of a rest while we went looking for the 'Golden Triangle'. After walking forever we decided to get a taxi. He did tell us we were quite close but we gave him 20 ringit to take us there which was worth it for the extra info and the break from walking.

Nic and Jesse decided to get Subway (and took some back for Tash) whilst Wayne and I decided on various foods on sticks from a street hawker.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0361s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb