Last night in Kuala Lumpur


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur » China Town
September 7th 2011
Published: September 7th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday we decided to head to Bukit Bintang to check out the shopping and reputedly excellent food choices. Firstly though we taxied (15RM) to KL Sentral (the main rail station) to pick up our tickets (skillfully booked by yours truly via internet) for the jungle railway (207RM - 1st class sleeper). Four information counters later and we'd got tickets and a free map of KL. On current evidence I'd call that a pretty efficient use of time. That done we taxied (13RM - booked via the budget taxi desk just to the right of the main doors) to Bukit Bintang Lot 10 shopping centre. This for me is the affluent vulgar side of KL and is probably the only side of KL you'll see if you have money. Still, we did manage to find a decent citronella stick here. The promised food was in the basement and seemed to be just a somewhat more expensive version of what we'd been getting everywhere else. Having had our fill of rice and noodles, which didn't take that long when you're having them three times a day, we opted for german themed sausage (me) and roast chicken (P). Later we found a book shop where a single plain card was around £5 so we gave it a miss. Having achieved the main aim of the day to get our train tickets we taxied (18RM - metered cab, fail choice) back to Chinatown.

Today we set out to find a post office. Totally missed the correct roads and ended up a little lost at Back Home, a hostel for travellers that we'd considered before coming here but had discounted due to the lack of ensuite facilities. They were lovely there, giving us a map and directions and at one point offering to post my letter themselves. So much nicer than where we are 😞 Oh well, you live and learn. Our mission completed we ended up in a Reggae bar/food place served by a very chatty chap from Southend. An enjoyable if expensive distraction. Bought a few bits in the market which were fun to haggle for and then wrapped up the day with chicken in a pot.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0418s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb