'Damn Jet Lag!'


Advertisement
Published: July 19th 2011
Edit Blog Post

This is a phrase we have used frequently over the last couple of days.

So after our last post - waiting for breakfast - we thought we'd have a little 'rest', only to wake up at 4pm. Oops. We did manage to head to KLCC (the city centre hub, like the Westfields of KL), where after trying some local fast food (but avoiding the chicken) decided to go for the safer option of Nandos. This was after a visit to their aquarium which was interesting - where we saw the biggest fish of our lives! Post Nandos we headed to the cinema to see the latest Harry Potter film (very cultural!!). Before heading back to the hostel for sleep.. or not.

After very little sleep we forced ourselves out of bed and out into the hustle and bustle of KL yesterday. We walked across the city to Merdeka Square - which was a stark contrast to the cluttered streets of China Town (where we're staying) - and then on to Chow Kit Market (which was a bit smelly! but interesting to see a more slummy side of Kuala Lumpur). Exhausted we wandered back towards the hostel, and our new found local eatery - backpackers version on Malaysian food!

Another restless night down, and we headed out of KL to Port Klang, caught a small ferry across to 'Crab Island' - a small fishing village with all houses built on stilts and the shore covered in various crabs and crap. It was nice to get out of the city and again see a different side to life over here. We ate the local fish dish (well Tom did!) and finally got our heads around the public transport system.

Tonight is our last night in KL until the end of our trip as tomorrow we head up to Taman Negara for a 3 day elephant ride/jungle trek/canopy walk/tribe hunt/rapid shooting extravaganza.

We would upload some photos, but have to rush as we need to eat (as always!) before our night tour of the city.

We'll get back to you from Cameron Highlands in a few days. xx

Advertisement



19th July 2011

Jet Lag!
Hi YOu 2, sounds like you having an amazing time already, hope you get to see some more of the 'real life' rather than Nando and HP film....honestly!!Should recover from the jet lag soon, try not to give into it! You next leg sounds action packed, we are off to Spain tomorrow...not quite as adventurous however we have got Max and Alice with us! Max passed his life guards course. Thanks for keeping us posted love Mum/Helen xxx
19th July 2011

loving
the upates, but loving the fact you went to the aquarium more. how did it compare to bristol?

Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0732s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb