Kuala Lumpur now


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur » China Town
December 6th 2010
Published: December 6th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hello Folks, it's proven to be a challenge to get to a computer lately! We flew from Bali to Kuala Lumpur on Saturday. Although we enjoyed Bali immensely, we were both relieved to get away from the heat! It's hot here too but not nearly as bad.

Azmi, our friend here has been the kindest host. He brought us to the Kuala Lumpur tower for dinner the first night, it's like our Calgary tower with the revolving restaurant. What an impressive city it is! The most striking is of course the Petronas tower! I've never seen such a beautiful building!

Yesterday we went on a road trip with Azmi all day. First stop was Putrijaya, a new city they built away from Kuala Lumpur to be the capital of Malaysia. The architecture is stunning. Everything is new so it's super clean and modern. I'm really happy we saw that. We also visited an amazingly beautiful mosk and Deb and I had to wear pink robes with hoods to enter. The pictures are hilarious! We'll post pics when we get back. The rest of the day we drove to Malaka. It's a historical town. Very cool!

Gotta go! I'll try to update again soon but we're visiting more in KL today and flying to Hong Kong tomorrow morning early!

Miss you all!

Love Mona and Debbi!

Advertisement



8th December 2010

Sounds amazing
Ladies, it certainly sounds like you are having an amazing time. Mona, what a charitable soul you are, out there donating to the cause and all.....so how many suitcases do you have now? Can't wait to see you when you return and hear all your stories and see the pictures. Keep on enjoying ladies! m

Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0382s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb