Kuala Lumpur


Advertisement
Published: June 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

KL ,the capital city, is a shopper's mecca, everywhere you turn there are hulking great plazas and malls. Not being “shop til you drop” people, we were keen to see what else KL has to offer. On the flight in, it appeared to be a huge sprawling city beneath us but the tourist hot-spots are remarkably close to each other . However pedestrians are low on the food chain here and the most time-consuming part of our forays into different areas, was negotiating a safe place to cross the roads. We spent an excellent day walking through markets and Petaling Street in Chinatown and checking out the architecture on our way to the KL Lake Gardens. The iconic building of KL is without question the Petronas Towers, but it's at night that it comes into it's own with icy white, blue lights framed against the night sky. Truly beautiful. Kuala Lumpur is described in the guide book as “a blueprint for futuristic cities” but in truth we found it a bit soulless and without much of the character we loved in other Asian cities. Simply put - not a patch on Delhi, give us the chaos any day!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.1068s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb