Perhentian Islands for some serious relaxation


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Terengganu » Perhentian Kecil
May 13th 2011
Published: May 27th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Perhentian Islands

For total relaxation

Taking a back breaking boat ride over to Coral Bay on the smaller of the two islands which honestly felt like your whole body was going to break and everytime someone got off the boat you all have to shuffle around to keep the boat balanced, was the most interesting boat ride I have ever taken to get somewhere! Reaching Coral Bay I found a lovely hotel where I managed to sweet talk the receptionist from giving me a standard room for 240 to a deluxe for 120 rm per night between Alex, Moritz and myself! The boys even shared the double letting me have the single! Bless they didn't even know about it until they arrived late afternoon, but we extended the stay to 4 nights so they obviously didn't mind that much!
So after falling down three times in four days for the next four days we relaxed on the islands, swimming, snorkelling, kayaking, drinking mars milkshakes, playing cards and watching movies. Although we did make it over to the larger island there wasn't much to do there and we didn't fancy jungle trekking in the heat so we did some water trekking from one beach to the next : ) we also walked over to Long beach a few times which is where all the drinking happens as the sand was less coraly. Overall it was a very relaxing 4 days where I managed to rest my ankle and do a bit of planning.
Alexs friend Rob joined us for the last two nights, he made me look good at playing cards! Taking the much smoother boat back to Besut on friday we all had one last breakfast together before going our separate ways.


Additional photos below
Photos: 33, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 8; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0179s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb