Bye bye Malaysia!


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Terengganu » Perhentian Kecil
June 23rd 2007
Published: June 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Yes, it is time to leave Malaysia. We actually spent longer here than planned, and i think we've pretty much done it to death! In kuala terrangganu today. and we leave for thailnad tonight. Shite last day though... its pissing down out there (hence the internetting), my back keeps siezeing up, i broke a bracelet and lost a stone from my ring. The post office is closed. Nightmare eh? How do i cope through these rought times you may ask? By looking forward to getting trasted in thailand, and by remembering how pretty the beach we just left was.

Pre-beach we had to stop offin Kota bharu, did i mention that last time? anyway, it was brillaint! We found the biggest, best and cheapest night food market thus far, and gorged ourselves on mysterious looking foods, and some disturbingly brightly coloured cakes. Mmmmmm. It runined slightly our decision to be healthy... but its so hard here! At first i was convinced i was doing good, but then i realised the other week that actually, everything we eat here has been pretty much fried and is swimming in oil! Even the soup has a layer of oil on it! It is proper like having a chinese or indian (or er Malay) take away every night! That can't be good.... health wise. Obviously in every other way its brilliant! Holiday's are brilliant!

Anyway, yeh, so being tourists, we went to Malaysia's 'flagship' beach islands - Perhentian. The malaysian tourist board was right, they are lovely! We went to the quieter Coral Bay, to avoid the swarms of English people over on Long Beach. a good choice as it goes. Small but gorgeous stretch of beach, clear sea, REALLY hot... got ourselves a little beach chalet thing, and the combo of the bathroom and the hot sun meant we could finally attempt to wash our filthy filthy clothes! My god was it ever time for that.

It was all sun-kissed sunbathing luxury though. We had the most traumatic boat ride over, with the speedboat driver a bit too acceleration happy - we flew over those waves. i swera my liver moved on one of those landings. we also had a bit of an adventure when we attempted to cross the island to the other beach, where the tourists partied (fucking rich tourists at those prices). After ouir previous jungle exploits a 15 minute walk through some jungle seemed an easy enough prospect... but yeh, its a bit scarier at night! nothing but blackness all aroundus, a blackness that our torches simply refused to penetrate. Yeh., we were bricking it a bit... Me and Shell held hands. Oh yeh! The opther thing, we went to this little fisherman's village on the south of the island. It was perfectly sunny, dry and everything, having a Banana Lassi in a little cafe when BAM! Some lighting struck the roof just above sofia's head! It was like a bomb going off! So loud and so bright and i swear everything shook. Fia reckoned she felt it go through her. That was pretty weird... BUT apart from that, lovely! and a well needed post jungle rest. Even had a little swim... wel until some fish took a gash out of my leg (slight exaggeration, but let me tell you sir, it was no nibble!).

God all i do is moan in these things! I guess thats what you psychophants like to hear. I pity you. Unfortuantly for you, despite the minor incidents, i am having a great time! Wooh! Malaysia was much better than expected actually, the people are great and there's so much going on! Plus loads of people speak english, the plugs are english, and you can drin the water. I did not know any of these things! Thailand will no doubt start getting harder... but i'm WELL excited!

Ok, done for now! Next time we speak (well, next time i blather on at you) i will be in Thailand!

Hope everyone had fun at glasto, hope hils and lucy have good birthday's, hope steph finds somewhere to live, and you know, that everyone's ok and that!

Salamat Tingal xxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.022s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb