Malaysia - Perhentian Islands - Besar


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Terengganu » Perhentian Besar
September 12th 2008
Published: October 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

We headed to the Perintian Islands at 5am in a minibus from the banana G/H it was fab as it was just us so we had 3 seats each and the driver woke us when we got to the boat. we stayed on the larger of the 2 islands Perhintian Besar (the quieter island) we lounged on the beach and in the water and played with the frizbee all day and just relaxed. At dinner time henry had fresh caught snapper cooked on teh bbq and i had a veggie and lemon grass dish both were yummy. we chilled out with a group of people and had a few beers watching the beautiful sunset was amazing. The following day we got up early and went on a snorkeling trip to swim/ snorkel with the hundreds of tropical fish and corals, the Turtles (sheilas favorite) and the sharks (henrys Favorite). it was just amazing when we got back we did some more snorkeling around the corals and saw more fish one type of fish bit us both its called the Trigger fish and is very protective and teritioial, alot of people got bit by the fish (grouchy Fish).... At dinner time henry had giant tiger prawns cooked on the bbq they were really huge we have never seen them that big before i had veggies in sauce, in the evening we all sat (our group of friends on the island 3 ladies (Mother and 2 daughters) and 2 honeymooning couples 5 of them from holland we did the snorrkeling with and one couple from the uk and us 2, watching the storm and rain for hours whilst drinking beer and chatting it was a fantastic evening Storms in Paradise.
We caught the speed boat back to the main land (the speed boat being a very old boat with a engine to fast for the boat really) Henrys seat kept falling off and as we went over the bumps henry flew in the air with nothing soft to land on after.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.442s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.3932s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb