Not Planet of the Apes


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sarawak » Kuching
April 30th 2015
Published: April 30th 2015
Edit Blog Post

A visit today to the Semenggoh Wildlife Center proved uneventful as the promised orangutans were no where to be seen. This center is a rehabilitation site for injured and abandoned orangutans and is a natural habitat. All was not lost as I did manage to get a photo of ants, squirrel and small lizard. HaHa Still we couldn’t help but feel disappointed.



Today was number 40 of our cruise and we are feeling a bit tired of the ship’s excursions. They don’t always deliver what they promise and boarding a bus with 30 other people gets old real quick. Our fellow passengers are at different levels of mobility and some have great difficulty with stairs and walking which makes the stops all the more tedious. Although the ship warns about being able to do the activity, it is ignored by many people.



The good news is that we are finishing up with Asia and the ship tours will diminish.



We have 68 more days remaining and I must admit that it does sound like a long time but we won’t be jumping ship anytime soon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



30th April 2015
Water Taxi on the River

planet of the Apes
i did see the lizard the shades of green in that photo is gorgeous......You will get a second wind when you are on all those beautiful islands especially Hawaii!!! and you will love Australia so take a deep breath and enjoy!!!!
1st May 2015

Not Planet of The Apes
Still traveling with you and enjoying the ride, looking forward to your next country. Lizard pic would be a hit on FB ! I think it is frame worthy and another prize winner for you!
1st May 2015

Talk about blending in.
If that lizard hadn't moved the greenery, I would not have known it was there. Thanks for your support Marilyn.

Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0634s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb