Around the Town and on the River


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sarawak » Kuching
February 4th 2013
Published: April 10th 2013
Edit Blog Post

The cat statueThe cat statueThe cat statue

Kuching is the Cat City.
I spent my first day in Kuching just wandering around town, getting the lay of the land, and ended the day with a riverboat cruise. A woman from my hostel and I bought our tickets before 3pm and they were nearly half price; buy them after 3pm and the price goes up.

The boat left at 530. We rode up and down the river while a voice narrated what we were seeing. Much of Kuching is on the river, so it was a good way to see the town. We were also treated to some delicious cakes (rainbow colored and for sale on nearly every street corner along the waterfront) and juice. After we turned around for the last time, and it was nearly time for the sun to set, we all gathered 'round to watch some traditional dances on the back of the boat. There were 4 dances in all, and the show was about half an hour at most. The tour would have finished with a spectacular sunset if the weather had cooperated; but it's rainy season and wasn't meant to be.

An hour and a half later we pulled up to the pier, all the lights of the city welcoming us back.


Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Treat on my river cruiseTreat on my river cruise
Treat on my river cruise

Each one was different. SO good!
An important person's houseAn important person's house
An important person's house

Of course, now I can't remember who.


Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0357s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb