To Mount Kinabalu


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sabah » Mount Kinabalu
January 14th 2011
Published: January 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

I think i might have missed a day of blogging in Kota Kinabalu but I lost track having to write these after the fact. We had no internet in Mount Kinabalu.

We woke up early to catch the 7:30 bus to Mount Kinabalu. Matt hadnt looked at his travel book for a place to stay so we relied on mine. It mentioned one hostel at the base of the mountain that is pretty cheap so we told the bus driver to drop us off there. Unfortunately it was 2km from the base of the mountain so we ate a quick breakfast then grabbed all our stuff and started hiking to the mountain. Matt's book had one place that was 500m from the bottom so we figured we only had to walk 1500 meters. Again luck was against us because it was 500m on the other side of the base so we had to hoof it even further. Its not the distance that was so bad as much as the heat and the fact that we were all packing lots of stuff. Anyways we made it to the hostel and dumped all out stuff.

In the afternoon we headed up to the base of the mountain and explored around the various shops and trails. We came to a rather nice looking restaurant so we stopped there for dinner. It ended up being really good but also expensive. I guess we needed a good meal for our hiking tomorrow.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0583s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb