Last week in Sabah


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sabah » Kota Kinabalu
May 22nd 2007
Published: May 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

So Raleigh has been over for a few weeks now and totally enjoying my freedom! It has been an amazing experience and really loved my time in Sabah, it has been amazing living and working in the local communities and getting to know the locals, I really feel like I have got to know a place and will miss it when we move on. Really was a fantastic thing to do and would recommend it to anyone thinking about it, (once you get past the Raleigh rules) made some really great friends in Sabah, and really feel as if I know the place now and love it - I will be back.

Since the end of Raleigh it has been just as hectic so many people to say good bye to and been having a few final adventures. The day after we get our freedom back, heading over to Manutik with Chris, Jamie & Jo for a day of sun, sea, sand, snorkeling, swimming, bbq’s and rum and nakedness (Jamie)!! Was a great day and really nice not have someone to tell us what to do when - thanks guys a wicked last day! The day was finished with more rum and may be a little pole dancing (Derek I have photo evidence) in a random club called Arazmataz. Brilliant only took 3 months visit to finally a bar in Sabah.

The next day was sad with the departure of Chris (we miss you, good luck in Oz) but it was amazing as Ash arrived for the week, armed with lots of harribo and chocolate. - love it!! We headed back to the Island for the next night, more bbqs, massive bonfires and chilling out - so nice to sleep out on the beach again and get away from the hustle of KK.

On Monday we headed to the Pandas River for a days rafting, wicked fun grade ¾ rapids (so quite big and very wet!) unfortunately we did not capsize. So good to get back on the water again even if it was paddling! The journey was an adventure in itself as we had an hour and half train and bus journey to get there, the way back was wicked as there was no room in the train carriage so we sat on the open moving platform, so much fun! (Don’t worry dad I did not fall off even with a few beers!)

On Tuesday we headed down to Sipadan, got a flight to Tawau and headed down to the islands, Ritchie sorted us out with an was amazing deal and ending up staying on an oil rig just off Mabul Island, with Sea ventures. The diving was so amazing we saw so many Sharks and turtles and obviously fish! A fantastic place to stay met some great people and generally felt like we were on holiday for a few days! The place is stunning, and a great novelty staying on the rig.

Back to KK, and a nice hotel, and a traditional massage - Kinabalu Daya totally recommend it amazing rooms at really cheap prices! Very sad to see Ash go but it has been an amazing week!

The last few days in KK were spent just hanging out with our Malay friends, Ritchie and Every, and visiting their homes. Had a great trip out to Evey’s house were we cooked dinner for their whole family - very nerve-racking! luckily they liked it! Drank traditional rice wine, sang karaoke and tried on traditional costumes. It was really nice to see their villages and every one in so welcoming; it was a brilliant day - thanks guys.

So the end of Sabah was sad to leave but we will be back!



Additional photos below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



23rd May 2007

lucky girl!
hey jojo great to hear that your having such an amazing time! the pictures look so awesome especially the diving! i hope you had a wicked time with ash! xxxxxxxxx love you ps how about thailand in september before uni?
23rd May 2007

lucky girl!
hey jojo great to hear that your having such an amazing time! the pictures look so awesome especially the diving! i hope you had a wicked time with ash! xxxxxxxxx love you ps how about thailand in september before uni?

Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0522s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb