Arrived in KK!


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sabah » Kota Kinabalu
April 8th 2007
Published: April 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

So we had another night in Miri on Sat 7th April, Legs starting to feel like jelly now. Our Hostel "Highlands" in Miri was on the top floor and it was very amusing trying to climb up and down the stairs I can tell you!

Next 8am flight to KK (Kota Kinabalu) on Easter Sunday. This is the Capital of the State of Sabah (Malaysian Borneo). Had a recommendation from the Italian couple to stay at Akinabalu Hostel, so headed straight there. Had a nightmare day trying to sort out itenary as found out Mount Kinabalu was fully booked unless you wanted to pay 100 pounds through an agent (more like rip-off merchants!) We soon realised that Sabah is a tourist trap where your fleeced at any opportunity. Much more tourists here too! Very different to Sarawak! We formed this opinion after spending/enduring an hour with a Chinese Lady Travel Agent who talked for China..apparently according to J I didnt help matters by chatting with her. Anyway, we escaped and made it to a beach about 10km south of KK and had a lovely dinner (best Baarbequed Calamari ever!), Magaritas and watched the sun go down - all is forgiven Sabah!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 61; dbt: 0.046s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb