ON THE MOVE TO KOTA KINABALU


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sabah » Kota Kinabalu
June 26th 2006
Published: January 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

well time to move on to kk.booked a flight with air asia that was really cheap and the planes are quite plush for budget airline.when i arrived in kk i was met by audrey who owned borneo backpackers lodge.she took us back to hostel then a quick wash and out to have a look round kk as the locals call it and check out the nightlife.

Kota Kinabalu is the state capital of Sabah located on the island of Borneo in East Malaysia. Kota Kinabalu is home to some of Asia’s best natural scenery with magnificent beaches, clear waters teeming with marine life, lush forests and nature parks. Yet Kota Kinabalu has more to offer than its spectacular environment. It is known as the liveliest place in Malaysia after Kuala Lumpur with its bustling markets, café and bars, and luxury hotels. The attractions also stretch to more than just simply relaxing under the sun. The waters off Sabah’s coast are a diving enthusiasts dream. The Gomantong Caves are also worth a visit located across the bay where nesting swifts can be found. Mt. Kinabalu is the obvious attraction rising over 4,100 metres high.i didn't get chance to go up this mountain but am planning to do it on my return visit in december 2006. The park supports some of the richest flora in the world from lowland vegetation to alpine meadows. The Poring hot springs can also be found here. Kota Kinabalu also has its fair share of culture with the magnificent Sabah State Mosque, Mengkabong Bajau village and the Tamparuli handicraft centre.

the stadium bar in kk is owned by the hostel and if you go there at the end of the evening they will shuttle you back to the hostel which isn't far really.football on whenever you want it on big screen,pool table and cold tiger beer 'heaven'

then next day (thursday) i decided to check out the beach which is quite a way so a bus comes in handy.thing is there are so many of them and finding the correct one is no easy task,but i am sort of adjusting to the malaysian way now so thats good.

kk was only really a stop off point on route to siapdan but is a nice place.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0288s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb