Spice One Cyril, Spice One Sam


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Penang » Batu Ferringhi
May 9th 2016
Published: May 9th 2016
Edit Blog Post

We had a day trip out to the Tropical Spice Gardens and a taxi took us on the 30 minute journey. We arrived at 9.30 and found that the next guided tour was 11.30, so we spent a couple of hours on the golden sandy beach just 100 yards away. The water was as warm as a bath so the kids were as happy as larry.
Our guide was a Chinese botanist and his insights about plants as food, medicine and balancing the body in its environment was very enlightening and there is much to be said for the ancient chinese thinking.
We wandered through the various levels of the gardens and smelt and saw a vast range of spices from vanilla and citronella to peppercorns and cinnamon. Ed and I had terrible sense of smell, given our colds, however the star anise got through and Ed was particularly fond of it.
The kids played human snakes and ladders whilst we bought some spices at the end of the tour.
There was a Thai restaurant on site which was recommended and it was the tastiest meal we've had so far, very delicious.
We caught a local bus back and took a little look around, but really it was too hot and time for some cooling off back at the hotel.
After some swimming/reading we took Cas into old Geirgetown to see the street art.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.251s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.2165s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb