Into the jungle! Taman Negara


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Pahang » Taman Negara National Park
September 21st 2008
Published: September 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Up early again to pack up our things and head to the hotel where we were going to be picked up to go to Taman Negara. We boarded a small coach just before 9 which took us to Jerantut. We had decided to go for the full board option and so we had some lunch at the tour office and sorted out our permits. After this we boarded another coach which took us to the boat in Kuala Tembeling. The boats we travelled in were 2 abreast and about 8 long. Dom and i managed to get the front seats whih at first appeared pretty lucky because we would get to see more. The 3 hour journey was very relaxing and the scenery of the jungle was pretty amazing. We saw a few monitor lizards and Rachael saw a couple of monkeys. Towards the end of the journey it got very dark and rained. Although it wasnt that heavy because we were sat in the front and the boat was going at a far speed we got soaked. On arrival at Taman Negara everyone else seemed pretty dry still! We were briefed on the activities we were going to do and then wandered off to find our guest house in the small village. The room was ok, nothing special and smelt quite a bit of damp. We got dry and then headed down for dinner at the floating restaurant (sounds fancier than it was!). We were meant to be going on a night walk through the jungle and so had got all of ur stuff ready to go with us at dinner but were told that it had been cancelled because of the rain. We werent sure how much of an excuse the rain was because it was hardly rainin at all! We were told that we would go the next day instead which we were a little disappointed because we had thought we would do the 4x4 night safari the next night so now we wouldnt be able to. So instead we headed back to the guest house to go to bed!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0481s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb