In Malaysia!


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Pahang » Taman Negara National Park
July 13th 2008
Published: July 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Today we left Kuala Lumpur and are on our way to Taman Negara National Park, a remote 130 million year ago jungle. We currently waiting for one to the many buses to take us there: 3 buses and a boat! We are staying at a hostel for 10RM/night. 1$ is approx 3.4RM...so very cheap! There we will do trekking, caving and swimmig in the river.

The plane to KL was quite long. After fly to Sydney, we had an 8 hours flight o KL, which was delayed for 2 hours due to a mechanical air-con problem they discovered after we were already sitting in the plane. When we arrived in KL and my bag did not show up on the carousel. When i called Jet Star they didn't know where it was. So to say the least I was very worried, especially when after 2 days they hadn't located the bag. I basically wore the same thing and used Ryan's things, like man-smelling deodorant! haha BUT today, about 2 hours before we left to go to Taman Negara my bag was delievered! PHEW!


KL was pretty good, but we are now looking forward to escape the hustle and bustle of the big city. In KL we stayed with someone we met on Couch Surfing named Zulhairy, or Ben. Unfortunately it took us 1-1 1/2 hours to get to the city center. But car it is only 20mins, but the buses like to "choose there own routes" and try to pick up as many people as possible; the time-tables are not followed. The long bus rides made for good people watching and we got to see lots of the city haha! KL has lots of nice parks right in the heart of the city. Some are a few kilometers long! We also went up the KL Tower to see views of the city and the Petronas Towers (largest twin towers in the world). One night we went to the night market. It is a market in China town that goes from 8-3am! Lots of knock-offs and cheap cloths/purses/shoes etc..

Yesterday we went to the Batu caves. It is 272 steps up to a temple for Hindus. Outside the caves there is a GIANT gold statu of a Hindu God. We REALLY enjoyed it. You could feel the power and spiritualness of the place. Once a year at "Thaipusam" thousands of hindus gather there to pray. At the top, Ryan and I took our shoes off and entered the main temple. There we got blessed! A man was singing and people praying around him. You give a donation and then he puts a bindi on your forehead and gives you a flower and you pray. Because it was raining at the time, mid-prayer a huge crack of thunder came and echoed throughout the cave, it felt so powerful.

Now onto "part-2" of our journey!




Advertisement



13th July 2008

typical jetstar, at least you got your bags back. sounds like you guys are off to a good start other than the missing bags, and i wish you well in the next stages of your trip. -mike
13th July 2008

T-Blog? YES.
Hey Megandryan! Great to read your blog; excellent idea. A little freaked out that you guys have now fused in to a single spiritual entity though...'Megandryan"? You sound like something that would fight Godzilla. But hey, if it makes you happy being a super-god-demon, go for it. It sounds like you guys have just started something amazing. I am warm and fuzzy for you both. I have only just realised though that when Ryan was talking of 'KL' in his email to me, he meant Kuala Lumpur and not KiwiLand. Oh well. I'll see you guys soon enough! Keep having an excellent time, I'm sure you will, and if you ever want to see The World's Biggest Movie Set (ffs) just give me a call :) Luv 4eva J@ck.
13th July 2008

WOW...WOW....WOW...that's pretty much all I've got!! You two are truly an inspiration and I wish all the best on your travels :) All my love xoxoxoxoxoxo

Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 26; dbt: 0.027s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb