Cameron highlands


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Pahang » Cameron Highlands
January 23rd 2016
Published: February 16th 2016
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in the Cameron highlands and checked out twin pines accommodation as recommended in the guidebook for backpackers. The room had more mosquitoes than the mossy forest so we say no thanks to that one! We ended up staying in an inn up the road for 15 dollars a night which was a lovely looking spot with beautiful greenery around it 😊



We took a look around the pretty town and got a bite to eat in the Indian restaurant, the food was luke warm and they had no way of reheating it so we just ate some naan and bread and headed on! Phil got himself a cheap ass burger from a friendly street vendor for a dollar!



The next day, we arranged a day trip around the area, I have to say if I was to do it again, I wouldn't bother with the day trip! I'd just rent a bike and head to the stunning tea plantations (which were made by a Scottish family 😊) and to the summit of the mountain for the wonderful views. The tea factory itself was ok too if you are interested in seeing how the machines make tea! Drinking the BOH tea with cake whilst looking out on the views of the tea plantations was the true highlight! We met an English couple who found the whole trip as odd as we did lol! The day trip was meant to include a walk through the mossy forest but it was closed off to tourists! We went to a buddhist temple, I was hoping we would go to see a mosque being in Malaysia and all lol! We went to a strawberry farm and got great smoothies but other than that it was just seeing strawberries grow (not all that thrilling to be honest!). We also went to a museum which was laughable! It just had lots of old American nd English stuff and only a couple of photos from the Cameron highlands itself!



The next day we took a bus right outside our accommodation to Malacca 😊



#spudstobananapancakes xoxo


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 11; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0578s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb