Around Kuala Lumpur in a day


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Negeri Sembilan
April 2nd 2009
Published: April 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well, the hotel (Tiara Guesthouse) is fine, clean and friendly and I managed to sleep for 13 hours last night - a 15 hour journey for you.

Been around China town today - been on about 6 trains/monorails which are all v. cheap! but got the hang of it now. Still finding my feet! Found a cricket ground in the middle of the city with a lovely pavilion.

God its hot, but was overcast from about 3pm and there was a mighty downpour. Was out and about for 6 hours, bought a bag and a belt, back for shower and change and just back from to the second and third lonely planet recommendation of the day - an Irish pub - finnegans. Didn't eat there so went to the nice italian instead.

Had a Malaysian stir fry last night and a Chinese beef curry for lunch which is a true reflection on the vast variety of cuisine here.

The heat is quite tiring but nice to feel - will love it once I am at the beach and not in a city but plenty to do til the grand prix on sunday. Met a couple of people staying here so chatted and found out what they have done during their stay.

Gonna do the towers and gardens tomorrow - a bit more sedate than china town probably.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0853s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb