sun day 30


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Melaka » Melaka City
February 18th 2015
Published: February 18th 2015
Edit Blog Post

First full day in Melaka was gonna be a chilled one - as spending most of yesterday getting the lay of the land and realising theres not a lot to do. Melaka was - in the 15th century the hub of Malaysia trading spices to other countries and becoming quite wealthy through it. It was then taken over in 1511 by the British, Portuguese and Dutch all leaving different architectural styles - apparently - to prove. So, the day started with a walk around china town visiting some temples along the way, then off to find the pier - found it hidden behind 5 large shopping malls and a huge Holiday inn complex! Who ever accepted planning permission for Melaka should be shot! The pier was boarded and all shut up for business, which was a shame as its one of the most beautiful things here. However, did find the sea ( that cant be spoilt!) but couldn't actually get to it as there was lots of waste land blocking your path! So, after a bit of an uneventful morning I headed back to the hotel - after grabbing a spot of lunch - and organised my departure out of there. I felt like I needed a bit of a pick me up so I booked a room in Singapore for the next few days - cant wait! The nice things about Melaka are the canal, a couple of museums and china town so it wasn't a complete wasted trip - but a day here is plenty and I'm pleased I saw it.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 39; dbt: 0.0695s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb