From KL to Melaka


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Melaka » Melaka City
March 26th 2007
Published: March 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

On our last day in KL we went to see the Batu Caves and walked around Chinatown a bit. I really like this city a lot. It's fun to see all kind of people, different races and different religions living in harmony.

Yesterday we took the bus to Melaka, only 150km from KL. It used to be Malaysia's capital a long time ago. Melaka has also been strongly influenced by colonial powers from the Netherlands and Portugal. Some parts of the city look quite european. In general there's a great mix of races and religions. Ine one street you find a Chinese temple, an Indian temple and a Mosque. No wonder, the street is called harmony street.
Beside all the historic sights Melaka has two huge shopping malls. It's fun to judt walk around and look all the weird things you can buy, like a 20kg-bag of rice?!

Tomorrow we're heading to Indonesia already. We're taking the ferry to Dumai in the morning. Then one of the biggest adventures starts. We'll try to find a place called Air Molek ( it's not on a map). It's the place where my granddad was born a mere 87 years ago. Wish us luck!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0243s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb