Back to the Heat


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Kuala Lumpur
February 22nd 2010
Published: February 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Another wonderful cool night’s sleep ... disturbed by 3 coachloads leaving at 8 am, all of whom had to take a photograph of the whole crowd cheering loudly. Grrrrr!!!

A fairly leisurely drive back to Kuala Lumpur took us past more tea plantations and market gardens, giving John some photo opportunities. Mr Ali had been telling me that they were still short of fruit and veg in Malaysia and that they have to import quite a lot from Thailand and China, and we were passing acre upon acre of undeveloped land. But apparently, no-one wants to farm. Strange!

Back in KL, we treated ourselves to an upgrade at the hotel giving us a suite with a view of the towers, free afternoon tea, and free use of the cocktail lounge from 5pm to 7pm, all drinks and nibbles included. We certainly got our monies worth - no need to find a restaurant tonight if you get my drift! Ok, so we’re not discovering the real Kuala Lumpur but, it's now raining very hard and there’s one hell of a view of the city from here and its constantly changing. It’s also great to have a nice glass (or two!) of wine again.



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0816s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb