Back on Trak(s)...


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Kelantan » Kota Bharu
July 30th 2007
Published: November 30th -0001
Edit Blog Post

So ur last morning in the jungle and we headed back to civilisation, travelling down stream this time so shaving an hour off our time in the boat. One good thing in an awkward day of travel. We had herd that the train up north to Kota Bahru was at 1.30pm so we were in no rush at the other end before someone said that it was actually at 11.40am (it was 11.20am at the time and the station was 30km away). Another couple were after the same train so we had a hair raising ride to the station happily getting there in time though. Now the thing about the trains is (we could have easily taken a faster bus) that there is a slow 'Jungle train' all guide books rave about which goes up through the jungle passing loads of amazing sights apparently and this is the one we got on, only to realise after we had our tickets that it didn't get there until 12 midnight. Not great considering we had no transport at the other end and nowhere to stay. After some frantic searching of the none existent information we had we decide to attempt to change to the express train at a town called Kuala Lipis.

We got off there bidding farewell to the other couple and went into the ticket office who were happy to change thi ticket after chuckling at the situation. We subsequently got onto the express train and set off again with a nicer arrival time of 8.15pm and spotted the other couple had also changed and been assigned seats three rows infront. After that we could relax a bit more and enjoy the scenery which was mostly green jungle and a few mountains. Our only other unexpected event was the train stopping and reversing due to an accident which I won't go into. We did arrive on time in Kota Bahru though very tired after a long days travelling so we just headed to the local night marked promptly followed by sleep.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0246s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb