J and my holidays


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Kedah & Perlis » Pulau Langkawi
November 3rd 2005
Published: March 17th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hello all!

Sorry it's been a while since the last lot of photos..I have had a lot of fun filled adventures, tours and work to keep me busy! but hopefully will be able to send through a few more of where I have been and explored.

All of these pics are dedicated to J who celebrated his 27th Birthday whilst we were holidaying together and we had a blast!
First we started in Kuala Lumpa - Malaysia, hung out there for four or so days and soaked up some of the ambience, and dirt of the city!..ouch..did I say that?!!..No seriously, an interesting place, and great food to go with it!..lots of Indian food..J was in his element!

From here we decided to head North wards towards a little Island just below the border of Thailand, called Langkawin..we flew in and then found ourselves a little haven right on the beach. Our little shack I like to call it, was assembled next to quite a few others, but we were practically perched right on the beach side..it was awesome..sooooo relaxing! 😊
We swam in the warm waters and body surfed..but of course no skinny dipping!..Malaysia has a strong population of religious groups, and I doubt that my beautifully tanned, naked model like figure would have been appreciated on the beach!..lol..sigh.
But it was sooo much fun...we walked on the beach to go next door to the resturaunt serving, you guessed it, seafood!..and lots of yummy Pina Coladas!..oohhhh it was so nice 😊
There was also this really kool little Ex-pat place just up from where we were staying and you could go in and chill out..watch a video, chat to others, play pool, drink..it was very laid back and we kinda wished that we had a few more days there to slab out and enjoy but we decided to head off and go to Phuket Island..I had previously came from there and loved it so I was keen to show J around.
After taking a speed boat there, and then a long painful bus ride in..we caught a tuk-tuk at about 3:30am to find some accomodation!
We stayed a night and then found some other accomodation up the road that was A1 and cheap..plus it was above a nice Irish pub and close to the beach. We were in paradise!..
So with a week or so up our sleeve we toured, ate like kings and Queens, got fat, and drank some more..the whole Pina Colada thing was becoming a bit addictive at this point!
Cruising around the Island we stopped in at a few attractions..one being the Cobra Show which was amazing..the guys there were insane and seemed to like getting their heads biten by those enormous creatures!..quite amazing..not to mention for J's Birthday we went on a Safari tour which included going to see the Gibbon Monkeys, going to a waterfall, a mountain, elephant show and ride...all of it was fun except for the first agonising hour or so where J suffered motion sickness 😊 poor fella..i must admit tho..he blended in quite well with the rain forest when we arrived..!!..lol..sorry darl!
We also went to a Thai Boxing Match which included about 10 matches..quite a bit of talent there..particularly the kids which were about 10 years of age...showing no fear!

Finishing up we left for Singapore and absolutely loved it..such a beautiful city, well organised. We continued our pattern of splurging and eating like kings and queens and exploring some of their finest shops..

All in all I feel quite spoilt seeing some beautiful countyside and spending it with J..so thanks J..I had an amazing time with lots of amazing memories..

Hope you are all well and look forward to seeing you all soon...but not too soon! 😊 still a few more miles to go yet.
I have one week of work left in North East England and then I will be travelling back to Edinburgh where I will do some touring around Ireland and Scotland and then travel through Western Europe to Spain followed by a flight to Brazil for the remainder of my time there..Cant wait..I am soooo excted 😊

So take care all,

Miss you all,

Love
Mitch
xoxoxo


Additional photos below
Photos: 40, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

Kuala LumpaKuala Lumpa
Kuala Lumpa

Some of the local talent
Kuala LumpaKuala Lumpa
Kuala Lumpa

Big kid in a toy shop!
K.LK.L
K.L

Pretty neat..
K.LK.L
K.L

Lovin' Holidays!
K.LK.L
K.L

The main drag..
K.LK.L
K.L

Hot on Wheels!!
Langkawin IslandLangkawin Island
Langkawin Island

A day out..
Langkawin IslandLangkawin Island
Langkawin Island

A day out..
Langkawin IslandLangkawin Island
Langkawin Island

Outside our shack!


Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 8; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0595s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb