Melbourne to Macau


Advertisement
Macau's flag
Asia » Macau » Macau
July 19th 2017
Published: July 26th 2017
Edit Blog Post

19-7-17 After a very busy lead up work wise for both of us, we had decided to stay at the Park Royal at Tullamarine before our morning flight to Hong Kong. What a fabulous way to start our trip, finally taking time to relax and wind down with a pint for Ron and a glass of red for Alex over dinner at Irish Murphys at the airport.

20-7-17 A nine hour flight saw us land in Hong Kong airport, we purchased tickets and were able to board the ferry to Macau before going through customs so did not actually go into Hong Kong. The airport somehow organised for our suitcases to be found and transferred to the ferry, we were happy to see them when we disembarked in Macau.

21-22/7 After our late night arrival we were excited in the morning to see what a great view we had from our room. With two days to explore Macau we viewed churches, temples and strolled the atmospheric cobbled streets of old Macau. We ventured out one evening to the casino area and were amazed at how huge the hotels and casinos were, lots of glitz and amazing interiors but we were happy to go back to our hotel the Sofitel in old historic part of Macau. Although around 29 degrees it was very humid we appreciated our hotel swimming pool and a cool beer at the end of the day. We managed to fit a lot in during our short stay, and a bonus no visas required for less than 72 hours. A 1am flight sees us sitting at the airport tonight writing up our blog before our overnight to Milan and our next adventure.


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0296s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb