F4-ing in Macau


Advertisement
Macau's flag
Asia » Macau » Macau
September 1st 2010
Published: September 1st 2010
Edit Blog Post

We picked a slow ship to Macau from Hongkong unknowingly. It took an hour and a half instead of just 45 minutes. I got dizzy. Make sure not to make the same mistake. Saw the coastline of China. Not much beach there, and the water looks cold. The line at the immigration was looooong. When we finally got out two Filipina girls approached us and offered to be our guides. We only had to pay 50 HKD each! Thats a steal! Macau tours cost 80USD per day. Theyre cleaning ladies in Macau and work as tour guides on their free time. The only catch is that we had to register at two casinos that gave free game credits and we had to give them the cards that had free credits. We didnt mind at all. It only took a few minutes. We didnt go to Macau to gamble. Its not our cup of tea. But the architecture of Macau is stunning. Its very European. I loved Venetian. It really looked like you were outdoors. Most of the singers sailing the gondolas were fellow Filipinos and they were amazing! No mike needed. Most of them came from major choirs in the Philippines like the Madz and San Miguel masters chorale.

Our Guides took us to Emperors Casino owned by Jackie Chan. Thats where we had lunch. The food was dirt cheap and big servings too. Although it was a challenge because they dont speak English. I noticed many of the customers were the staff of nearby establishments. So thats proof that its one of the cheapest you can find, but in an ultra chic setting. All our transportation was free. We rode casino shuttles. Even the ride to the airport was free.

Lots of free food in the street that leads to St Pauls ruins. Bought their famous Portuguese egg tarts and they were ohh so yummy! Its a must when in Macau. Every tourist has a bag of egg tarts. The egg tarts in Manila and Hongkong Disneyland can never compare! OMG! Soooo GOOD! Tip: when you do a day tour, you dont need to have lunch. Just go to that street going to the ruins and youll be full after just a 10 meters. Meat, pies, candies, biscuits and everything. Free taste. But of course thats not a good idea if youre on a diet. If you are, at least try the egg tarts.

Saw two stunning girls that looked like models. Later saw one of them giving business cards in City of Dreams. Apparently they were prostitutes. Prostitution isnt legal but its rampant.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



2nd September 2010

Food at the Emperor Hotel
Kabayan, I am happy to read the section of your blog which mentions about the food at the Emperor Hotel. I have purchased airtickets for me and my niece for our trip to Macau sometime in May 2011 and I am planning to book our room at the Emperor Hotel which includes free buffet breakfast. However, when I read the comments of some customers who stayed in this hotel I became hesitant. Since I am hearing a positive comment from a fellow Pinoy then I think it would be an a good idea to book the room at Emperor Hotel and try the food ourselves. Mabuhay! Frankie
2nd September 2010

kabayan
the service is not 5 star but the amenities are definitely five star. and the food is super cheap. masarap din naman. but its really cheap. enjoy your trip!
12th February 2011

Free Game Credits
Hi there! We are going to Macau 3 months from now.. I just got curious about the free casino credits you mentioned. We'd love to register too.. not that we're gamblers but we just wanted to try it since it's our first time in Macau and it's not everyday that we get to go there... Can you give the names of the 2 Casinos you registered at? and is registering really simple? I'd really appreciate your response.. :) Thanks in advance!
14th February 2011

in most casinos
just present your passport and fill out the forms

Tot: 0.195s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 22; qc: 107; dbt: 0.1154s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb