More Photos of Laos&Malaysia


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos
August 29th 2006
Published: August 29th 2006
Edit Blog Post

First of all i've amended and gone into detail about my time in Korea on my previous post for those who are interested. Since getting back to Thailand i've found a photo shop that can develop slide film and thus now have some newly developed shots of our time in Laos and Malaysia. God, seeing them now feels like it all took place an eternity ago! And yet it was only 6-8 weeks gone...that's what's so wonderous about travellin' though...your time is packed and a length of time that might normally pass uneventfully is replete with with adventures and memories. Right enough blabbering, hope you enjoy the photos!


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Tattoed MonkTattoed Monk
Tattoed Monk

..remnants of a pre-Buddhist Life...
artistic photoartistic photo
artistic photo

....there was something about the baseness of the monk's robe hung out to dry like normal laundry and blowing transiently in the wind with the solid stone stupa (like a Buddhist altar) in the background.
Photo from village where they do the silk weavingPhoto from village where they do the silk weaving
Photo from village where they do the silk weaving

...it's amazing how rustic and crude the apparatus they use for making such elegant and equisite silks is!
a well built monka well built monk
a well built monk

..we came across this guy as he was hauling wheel barrows of stone from the bottom of a hill up to the Wat to build a new dormitory...he's only 14!
Morning almsMorning alms
Morning alms

...each morning at 6am the monks leave the main Wat and walk through the streets of the town to get their daily food offerings from locals. They rely upon this for their food.


Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0187s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb