Vang Vieng


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos
April 2nd 2012
Published: April 2nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

After four days in Vang Vieng we've decided to move on.
Vang Vieng wasn't quite what we expected (hoped for?), we'd been lead to believe it was this backpacker tubing haven but in reality it was more of a party town where the party never really happened.
The bars on the river hand out free shots of whisky like its going out of style and convince you to come back to their sister bars in town that evening for free buckets (bucket sized cocktails). This of course seems like a gret idea right? Free drinks? Big after party? Whats not to love. So we of course head down, ready to dance and socialize with people from all over the world. Instead we find a huge party where no one is talking to one another or even dancing. Niki and I did our best to drag people on the dance floor but it just wasn't happening. It was sort of blowing our minds. Defeated we called it a night and grabbed some street food.
We stuck around for another couple days and even tried tubing once more. This time we had a little more luck and bumped into two french canadian guys in Green Guy outfits (if you are any kind of hockey fan you'll know what those are). We played a couple great games of flip cup, drank lots of free whisky and finished off our day pretty early.
We have our bus tickets to Luang Prabang in hand now and are off to the bus station to head north.
Check in soon!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0362s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb