Lasting impressions of Lovely Laos


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos
April 30th 2006
Published: May 25th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hands down, this has been our favourite place so far. The relaxed culture, the stunning and ever-changing landscapes, and the wonderful people, all made this a place we want to return to. Our favorite foods were the rice soup for breakfast and the amazing riverweed (like sea weed but thicker and lightly fried in garlic and sesame seed, usually eaten with fresh chilli and sticky rice), both of which were our main staple in Laos.

Other memories include:

*- paying for dinner at restaurant in any combination of currencies including kip. dollars, baht and euro. All are accepted.
*- dancing with the head man of Muang Ngoi village - he asked Stef twice 😉
*- nights at the Vietnamese bar - when everything else closed for curfew in Luang Prabang at 11.30pm, Vinh would take us off to the Vietnamese bar - a smelly hole in the wall that sold cold Beer Laos - you had to go their boozed to truly appreciate the place!
*- "They like their cubby houses here don't they?" Matt's first impression of Laos, describing the Laos homes 😉
*- partying like there was no tomorrow during Pi Mai; wet, covered in black grease, and white talc, but very, very happy!
*- the ever happy and non-confrontational Laos people. Always happy for a chat.
*- Waterfalls, waterfalls, waterfalls!
*- The most amazing caves that you can simply explore by yourself with no need to worry about your safety (no one else will ;-)
*- feeling happy and relaxed like never before.

We like Laos. We will definitely be back!




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0552s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb