Vang Vieng and Vientiane


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Vientiane
June 14th 2012
Published: June 14th 2012
Edit Blog Post

I have not been blogging for a while as my time got caught up in bus travels and tubing in Vang Vieng. It is so hot over here at the moment, currently 34c today. Leanne and I did the typical backpacker thing and headed to Vang Vieng. We opted out of the actual floating down the river drunk part (i am far to clumsy for risking it)and just stuck to the first two bars at the beginning of the river. These are the main bars people keep to anyway. I really had a good time but was also glad that i was not as wasted as some of the people. We spent a few nights heading to the local bars who offer very strong whiskey buckets at happy hour for a donation. Needless to say, quite a few people dont donate so its free drinks for all. I think Vang Vieng had to be done and loved meeting up with people but its the kind of place that you could easily get sucked into doing nothing but drinking. I had to get out and headed out of there to Vientiane which is a short bus journey. Leanne and I have been in Vientiane for one night and are walking around today but plan to get the overnight sleeper bus to four thousand islands. There really doesnt seem to be much to see in Vientiane. We were told this before but obviously wanted to check it out for ourselves. Vientiane seems to be under development, lots of places closing down or being built up. A night and a day has been more than enough for us. I am looking forward to checking out the islands and relaxing.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0326s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb