Kayaking


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Vientiane
March 1st 2006
Published: March 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Kettle ChipsKettle ChipsKettle Chips

They taste the same they taste exactly the same (Actually they were a bit soft)
We left Vang Vieng bright and early this morning, we got a truck for about 1.5 hours and then went Kayaking down the Mekong River for around 4 hours.

Kayaking was well good,. I managed to capsize while going through some rapids!- was actually quiter refreshing though. We had lunch on some rocks by the rapids, our guide made us shish kebabs on a barbecue which were really nice. After a bit more kayaking we came to a stop by the riverside and were asked if we wanted to do a jump off some high rocks (About 15metres) into the water. Was absolutely bricking it as I was walking to the top of them, 15 metres sounds like nothing but when you look directly down when your on them it seems so high (God knows what i'l be like at Bungee jump). The jump was so awesome, the fact that you had time to think whilst plumeting into the water below made it such a rush.

At the end of the kayaking we got a truck to Vientienne (the truck driver was stopping all the time to give loads of random locals a lift aswell) which took about 2 hours. When we arrived we got a room sorted, our first dorm of the trip so far (Loads of places were fully booked) and had a bit of a wander. Not much happened that night apart from the fact that in a Mini Market we saw some Kettle Chips from back home (This was so weird cos me and Will have been saying everyday how much we'd love a packet of those since we left England)

Tommorow we're gonna look into getting a visa for Cambodia.

Mike

Advertisement



Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 17; qc: 78; dbt: 0.0822s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.2mb