Boredom City


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Vientiane
February 6th 2008
Published: February 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Wat SisaketWat SisaketWat Sisaket

The girls in front of Buddha
Well we arrived and Ellie's first comment was that at least its not to hot. The following two days it rained solidly. That's a bit of an exageration but it was cold and very drizzly. It reminded us of England!!!!
Not a lot to report really except that we found the place a little dull with not a lot to see or do.
Went to the museum for a few hours, which was quite an eye opener. Laos is the most bombed country in the world. It has had a very turbulent history and struggled long and hard for its independence. It eventually opened its borders to foreigners some 10 or so years ago. Other things there which I found quite unusual was the display of captured drugs. It is, in my sheltered existence, unusual to find heroin and marajuana on open display in a museum.
We had a family outing to the massage parlour, which amused the masseuse's quite a bit. I don't think it is normally frequented by all four members of the same family at the same time. They were further amused by both Ellie and Aisha falling asleep whilst having their feet massaged. I came out feeling like I was walking on air.
Nice people but the city itself is a little dull. Now we are off to Luang Prabang with higher hopes. We have spoken to quite a few people who have been there who were full of wonderful reports of the place.
We have also been told and read that there is not an ATM in Luang Prabang so we have been frantically withdrawing millions of kip to cover ourselves. Chloe is in seventh heaven dreaming of being a millionairess.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.249s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0724s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb