the departure


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Vientiane
June 6th 2007
Published: August 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

hi everybody, so we've been in laos now for about 10 days, and its a beautiful country. even though it shares a boarder with thailand, the landscape seemed to change instantly once we crossed over. there are lots of mountains here, especailly up north where we started.

we first went to muang sing, which is very close to the chinese boarder (we actually saw china! haha. we just didnt go). up there we did a trekk up to see some hill tribes, which was really cool because they do not get many tourists up that far north, so it was still pretty authentic (unlike in thaliand, where they only put on their traditional wear when they know the tourists are coming. or so i heard). but ya, we got to eat in a family's hut on the top of this mountain, and then we had to climb back down again. next we moved further south to luang probang and that bus ride was AWEFUL! we were in a minor accident (no one was hurt) but it took the poilce and hour to get there, and then 2 hours to decide we could go finally. that combined with a 6 hour bus ride turned into a loooong day. in luang probang we got to see some pretty cool waterfalls and we swam in them too. next was vang vieng where we went tubing down the river, relaxing in the sun! we are now in vientiane, the capital city, and we are waiting for our vietnam visas to be done so we can go there next.

now, when i say we are waiting, i mean me and my friend patrice. steve already has his, and will be going on this afternoon to hanoi, with our friend barry. steve and me and splitting up right now because he has decided to come home earlier than me. steve is getting home on july 1st i believe, and i am coming home a bit earlier as well (the 19th instead of the 30th). this means though, that we cant really travel together anymore because he has much less time than me. after 4 months of being together all the time, this is gonna be a little weird being without him! haha but we might run into eachother further down the line. plans always change while travelling, you never know.

so steve now has access to this site (well he always has, im just the one that writes. he tends to do the calling home. i will now have to try and call more. haha), and he will be writing on here too sometimes, to let me, as well as you all know what he is up to. so thats our big news for now, wish us both luck, talk to you all soon!

laris


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

tubing down the river!tubing down the river!
tubing down the river!

patice is in the front, mike is behind her, and nikki and chantel are in the back


6th June 2007

Good Luck!
Wow - I would think that must feel weird to split up after being together for so long. Have fun!

Tot: 0.291s; Tpl: 0.024s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0683s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb