Hit a Glitch


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Vientiane
November 6th 2006
Published: November 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hi Everybody!
We got up very early today for a 6:10 flight. When we got to the airport, we found out that the airlines made the ticket for the wrong day. We were suppose to fly tomorrow. We have been trying to resolve the problem for 4 hours. Finally, they decided to put up on a 12:00 flight to Bangkok and a late afternoon flight to Siem Reap. That will cut our time short in Cambodia, but we will just have to deal with it.
I don't know if I have mentioned or not that we have to pay airline taxes when we leave some of the airports. When you enter a country, you have to pay for a Visa on Arrival if you haven't previously purchased one. We took care of a couple of countries' visas last summer, paid a travel company to buy the visas for China and Myanmar (Burma), and have bought the others upon our arrival. A few countries don't require the visa if you are a U.S. citizen. We had to print out passport size photos before coming for the visas on arrival. You cannot get a boarding pass if you haven't gotten a visa. There are lots of details that you have to think of in advance. Overall, I think traveling in Europe is much easier. Maybe someday, Asia will convert to one type of money.
Hopefully, we will still get to visit Angkor Wat in Cambodia.
More later,
Everette

Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0398s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb