Day 30 - Goodbye Vang Vieng, it has been interesting!


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Vang Vieng
August 26th 2011
Published: September 16th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Finally we are leaving this place! We had only planned on staying in VV for 3 days over a week later we are finally getting out this place actually sucks you in!

We have booked our bus for 1.30pm so we spend the morning packing. We grab a quick bite to eat in the friends bar and while we were there they sacrificed a rat or something! Not 100% sure what happened there was a bit of commotion to the left of us at one of the entrances to the bar Lloyd went to check it out and that is what he said they (kitchen staff) were draining the blood from a rat. What he didn't realise is that we were waiting on our pizza to arrive, he felt so guilty for telling us before our food came that he ordered the same so we knew it would be ok.

So back to the hotel to wait for the tuk tuk that was bring us to the bus station which arrived on time so we said good bye to the boys and went to the bus station. Ended up waiting an hour at the station in the blistering heat for the bus to arrive but eventually it did and thankfully it was a very uneventful trip.

Got into Vientiane and were dropped of at Joma Bakery woop woop free wifi and great coffee. So we sat in there for an hour looking for a place to stay online.

Found a place called 1 Inn which was only a 5 min walk from the Joma and 10 mins from the river front where everything is going on.

Got to hotel and settled in then went for dinner in Khop Chai Diu it was yummy defo new fav place to eat they had a really good live band playing but not very bright, they give you a torch with your menu so you can actually see it!

Then home to bed for a big night sleep

Rx



Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0424s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb