Day 28 - Actually made it to the Blue Lagoon


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Vang Vieng
July 24th 2011
Published: September 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

So today we decided we are just going to get a tuk tuk to the Blue Lagoon, the boys were sick of tubing by now so they are came with us. Got the tuk tuk up the mountain, and we were really glad we turned back when we did because the mountain got a whole lot steeper!

Got to the lagoon and it was beautiful the water was really warm and very deep, the boy were climbing up a tree over the lagoon and jumping from about 10ft in.

Spent an hour there and then went up the side of a cliff which kind had steps cut out of the mud to a cave that has a Buddha in it. Not much to see in the cave when you have seen one Buddha you have seen them all!

So came back down and decided to head back into town but as we are pulling out in the tuk tuk, the tuk tuk brakes down, the driver got it started after about 5 mins but then it stalled again but he got it started on the way down he stopped at a place and started welding bits of it together, not sure what the problem was or what he welded back together but it seemed to work cus we were off again, and just in the nick of time.

About 2 mins later the heavens open and it started thundering and lightning it was right on top of us and the road turned into a mud river. And then the seat G, Lloyd and Johnnie were sitting in decided to collapse! It was a very eventful tuk tuk ride, but we made it back in one piece and gave the man a really big tip cus he obviously needed the money to fix his tuk tuk.

Got back to the hotel and had showers and then went to dinner in a really gross restaurant, it looked nice but the food was terrible. Had a few bottles of wine that they tried to rip us off on but we were like no way!!! Then went to the Q bar for some buckets (yum!) and after that Jaidees. It started raining then so we had to stay for ages in the hope that the rain would stop or at least let up, all the while G is giving life advice to some Laos guy with a London accent!?!

When we do eventually leave Lloyd gets a pancake with nutella on it, I ate the whole thing it was yummy.

Got back to the hotel and G decides she is starving and would love a McDs (there is not McDs in the whole of Laos!) but then 10 mins later Stefan and Johnnie knock on the door and they have pringles and water...life savers :D

About 5 mins later we passed out!

R xoxo

Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0397s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb