Van Vieng or Jurassic Park?


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Vang Vieng
June 18th 2008
Published: June 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Its just me myself and I,

So left Vientienne about one and headed off to van vieng on a local bus which was cool everyone in Laos is so friendly eveyone having a laugh on this creeky old bus sharing food its a far cry from the hustle and bustle of vietnam. Took some photos on the way up of the views which were stunning then arrived to see the mountains with the clouds over them reminicent of jurrasic park. Got their about five book into some lovly bungalows which were recommended to Helen power hot showers are eally nice! THen headed down to an ozzie bars with a stunning view over the river and the cliffs for some laos (the hottest chilli in the world) food and some beer lao. After this saw angela and alcice from back in vientienne had a chat before getting changed and ready for the night.

Went to a place called smile bar had a little hut round the dancefloor a couple of games of cards and a boogies which had a fire next to the dancefloor. It is so cheap bucets buy one get on free for 30,000 kip ($4 0r 2 quid) and was hammered, a 2 quid night out! This shut about 12 and we made our way back.

Up the next morning I really love loas a bacon egg and cheese butty for breakkie (havent had one in ages!) Then met up with arlo and fanny before going caving which was awesome but painful as we walked and swam through the caves with bare feet. WE also went on a tube through another cave which was good fun. Arlo and I occasionaly doing some crazy cjhicken fdance before falling in the water losing our balance or the jagged rocks below was a highlight of the day. Went back got changes and headed out for tea for a banging meaty pizza. We met the finns here to for vantienne so we all headed down to smile bar for a random night and a good laugh.

Woke the next daty it was hammering down so sorted out the camera which had been giving me a little jip but alls good in the hood after a local lad sorted it for me.


Additional photos below
Photos: 135, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 17; dbt: 0.0304s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb