Luang Prabang


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Luang Prabang
October 13th 2006
Published: October 29th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Bike RidingBike RidingBike Riding

We hired bikes a couple of times and rode around the town.
I Love Laos!!

The flight over to Luang Prabang clearly highlighted just how much of the land is uninhabitable (approx 95%!)(MISSING). The rolling hills, limestone cliffs and jungle is just beautiful. The people are so friendly and the atmosphere is so relaxed. Luang Prabang is a beautiful town and it is easy to see why the whole town is world heritage listed. The french influence in the buildings is clear to see.

We stayed in a guesthouse on the bank of the Mekong river and basically spent five days exploring the town and the surrounding sights.

Bike Riding around town

(inc Royal Palace Museum, Wats, Sunset and much more)
This was soo much fun, we hired the bikes for the day and rode around town taking in all of the sites. I was Lesleys tour guide for the day (using the Lonely Planet as my guide).

Pak Ou Caves


We headed by long boat upstream for two hours to the Pak Ou Caves. The boat trip was great, got to see many local villages living life on the Mekong. The caves themselves were nothing fantastic but I am glad that I went and saw the 4000+ buddha images in the cave.

Waterfalls - Tat Kuang Si


These were magnificant (as you can see in my pictures). We enjoyed a refreshing, actually freezing, swim and walk around the waterfalls

Shopping


The paper and silk bedspreads, scarfs, etc were great, didn't buy anything (didn't see the point when I am only going to UK) but would have loved to have.

Monk Procession


There are just so many monks in Laos, each morning at 6am they go out on to the streets to receive offerings (food and/or flowers) from the locals. The number of young boys that were novice monks really amazed me.

I have fallen in love with Luang Prabang and am really looking forward to the rest of the sights in Laos.

Next stop, Vang Vieng!!!!




Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Beer LaoBeer Lao
Beer Lao

YUM!!!!
Tat Kuang SiTat Kuang Si
Tat Kuang Si

This place was amazing
Phu SiPhu Si
Phu Si

Sunset at Luang Prabang
Phu SiPhu Si
Phu Si

Sunset
Novice MonksNovice Monks
Novice Monks

Luang Prabang


Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.051s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb