mon day 101


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Luang Prabang
May 8th 2015
Published: May 8th 2015
Edit Blog Post

After starting the day with a lovely breakfast we made our way down to the Mekong river, for day two of a two day trip to luang prabang. Getting a better seat near the front of the boat and after the crew had the same problems starting it as yesterday we were thankfully, finally on our way. Being told that we would arrive in approx 4hrs we had enough provisions to last that long. Again with the scenery being as beautiful as yesterday it was a very pleasant journey. We stopped off at a few villages on the way to pick up some locals and provisions for the next villages and dropped them off again. 4hrs came and went and we were yet to arrive - another 4hrs later and feeling really hungry we had finally got to luang prabang. Clambering with our bags up a steep path straight from the river we then queued up to get tickets for the waiting line of tuk tuks. Sharing with Katya, Jenna and annalene we headed off to find the guesthouse that Katya had booked, this time she had a spare bed so I shared with her for the night. Jenna and annalene taking another room we unpacked, showered and headed out for dinner. Finding easily the night market and an all you can eat for 10,000 kip - 80p we stopped off and ate. Chatting with a nice lady from Canada who's been travelling for over a year by herself with a really lovely positive attitude and after saying our goodbyes headed off to look around the market and head back to the guesthouse for the night.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 15; qc: 39; dbt: 0.0612s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb