Last day in Luang Prabang


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Luang Prabang
April 27th 2011
Published: May 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Woke up this morning at 5:40am to go see the monks. We were out there just before 6:00 with Candace and Duncan and we saw a couple monks walk by. Though no one else was down there, we left because we didn't want to miss it. It looked as if it was over, so we followed the monks a little bit. They got a couple more offerings and then they went back to the temple. We got a few photos, but we missed the majority of Tak Bat. People line up with bowls of rice and pour some into the big bowls that the monks carry around. Then they thank the monks for their blessings.

We had some breakfast at a bakery with everyone then parted our ways. George, Lauren, Duncan and Candace rode bicycles up to the waterfall. We left a couple hours after them by tuk tuk. We were getting really frusterated as every tuk tuk seemed to be giving us a high high price. We finally realized they were giving us a price for there and back, not just one way. Anyway, we settled on a price with one and drove to Kouang Si waterfall. We passed the bikers on the way. Candace looked like she was dying ( which I don't blame her. It was reaylly hot out, and she hasn't been on a bike in 10 years.). The rest of the gang looked okay. We bought some drinks for them for when they arrived. Once everyone was there we bought some baguettes and headed up. There was a bear rescue shelter at the bottom. It had some black bears in it. Then we walked the 5 minutes to the multi teared waterfalls. They were angelic, almost mystical. The turquoise waters sparkled in the sun and looked so magical. It was deep enough that we could jump in, swim around. The pools were calm and refreshing. The place seemed empty when we arrived, then all of a sudden it swarmed with tourists. We stayed around for a little while longer then walked back to the tuk tuk. Everyone decided to catch a ride back, rather then ride the bikes.
We all came back to the guest house and relaxed for a bit, then headed out for dinner. We went to the street with all the food stalls. It was 10,000kip a plate, just over a dollar for a plate of food.
Tomorrow we head to Vang Vieng.



Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.217s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.1639s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb