Two days in Luangprabang


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Luang Prabang
December 31st 2008
Published: December 31st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Luangprababng is a beautiful little town and I can just imagine what it was like 10 years ago with 95%less tourists and way less traffic.

So we were 4 people looking for accommodation. Audrey (the Canadian), Marco(the Swiss) myself and then a new friend Marek(a half Brit, half Pole) It was his first time backpacking and he was really funny. We looked for about an hour until we found a cool place for about $6 each. Checked in. We went out for dinner and met some Dutch people had a couple of drinks with them and shared traveling stories.

The next day Marek and I hired bicycles and explored the little town. We stumbled on a local market with the weirdest food on the planet. We had lunch there and I got addicted to pho(a Vietnamese type noodle soup) Great.

Later we visited the night market were I saw, possibly the prettiest girl in all of Laos. I bought two bracelets from her without bargaining.

The next day I decided to skip the 12 hour bus trip to Vientiane and got a cheap ticket back to Bangkok. I was ready to relax on a beach by now. So Marek and I flew back to Bangkok were our paths split. I bought an overnight bus trip to Champorn and he flew to different destination on the east coast.

I prepared myself for the 8 hour bus ride to Champorn and then the 4 hour ferry to Koh Tao.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

The local food market The local food market
The local food market

They cater for all types


Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0635s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb